In 2004 Kings Harbor Multicare Center opened its Hemodialysis Center under the medical direction of the Montefiore/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, eliminating the need for travel to an outside center.
Kings Harbor has a Renal Care Team to coordinate the medical and nutritional needs of dialysis residents. This team is comprised of a Board Certified Nephrologist, dialysis nurses and certified renal dietitians.
Kings Harbor's goal is to provide our dialysis residents with choices to improve their quality of life. Our center is equipped with newly renovated state-of-the-art equipment.
- Provides enhanced communication between dialysis staff, residents and families.
- Eliminates transportation to and from satellite centers.
- Provides a comfortable, secure environment.
- Is able to accommodate inpatient residents as well as community patients.
- Is able to accommodate stretchers.
- Provides individual televisions at each station.